Why Use A Real Estate Agent?
Is a real estate agent right for you? Find out by taking our simple questionnaire below.
DO I NEED A REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL TO HELP ME BUY A HOME?
If you are considering buying a home answer the following 20 questions. Your answers to these questions will help you determine if you require the services of a real estate professional to help you locate and purchase your next home.
- Do you know that you can use a real estate professional who "exclusively" represents your interests and who usually is paid by the seller?
- Do you have the time, energy, expertise, and contacts to do the home search, price negotiations, home inspection, mortgage financing, contract preparation, and contract review yourself?
- If you do it yourself, do you think the results would be as good or better than if you use a professional real estate agent to assist you with your home purchase?
- Can your personal time be spent more productively or with fun activities, rather than searching for homes for sale that match your search criteria?
- Are you comfortable dealing with contracts and legal issues?
- Do you have "free" access to real estate advice and real estate contracts?
- Do you have the ability to quickly locate all the homes for sale in your desired area that match your search criteria?
- Can you objectively determine the true "fair market value" of the home you wish to purchase?
- Can you support your offer price with facts of home sales in the desired neighborhood?
- Do you have proven negotiating skills to help you negotiate the best price and terms?
- Can you objectively make a buying decision without having an emotional attachment to the home?
- Do you know what appliances, fixtures, window treatments, etc., that are generally included in the purchase price of a home in the market area?
- Do you know how to identify the tell-tale signs that a home may have a problem when viewing a home?
- Do you know how to review the owner's title to find out about easements, encroachments, title defects, ownership, liens, rights of access, etc?
- Do you have access and time to gather information about local schools, zoning, utilities, land use plans for your selected area?
- Do you have access and time to gather information about future highway development, landfill, or commercial development that is planned for the area?
- Do you know reputable and competent home inspectors?
- Do you know what is appropriate to ask a seller to repair?
- Do you know how to handle the situation and your options if you have a home to sell before you can close on your next home?
- Do you have any formal training or business background in real estate?